CS 662 resources:
Go here to sign up
for the cs662 mailing list. (you must be on this list - please use an
email address you check regularly.)
Regrading: If you feel that your homework was not graded correctly, you
should return it to me, along with a written explanation of the
error. I will evaluate this explanation and award any necessary points.
Solutions to midterm 2 can be found
here . Total points: 150 Mean: 119 Median: 126
Solutions to midterm 1 can be found
. Total points: 150 Mean: 120 Median: 118 StDev: 15
Midterm 1 will be held Monday, October 13. It is in class, closed-book
and closed-notes. You can find a list of potential topics here.
A list of readings from AIMA, 2nd edition, by week.
- Week of 9/3: 1.1 (pp 1-5), 1.4 (pp 27-28) (the rest of chapter 1 is also very interesting reading)
- Week of 9/8: Chapter 2: 2.1-2.4, pp 32-54
- Week of 9/15: 3.1-3,2 (pp 59-68), 3.3-3.5 (pp 69-83)
- Week of 9/22: 4.1-4,3: (pp 94-118).
- Week of 9/27: provided below.
- Week of 10/6: 6.1-6.3 (pp 161-171)
- Week of 10/13: Midterm 1.
- Week of 10/20: Logic. 7.1-7.5 (197-220), Intro to Jess (10/20), plus
intro to First-order logic (10/22) Required reading: R & N: Ch 8 (pp 240-268)
- Week of 10/27: More first-order logic, advanced Jess programming
Required reading: R & N, Ch 9.
- Week of 11/3: Planning. Reading: R & N: 11.1-11.3, pp 375-394, decision trees. 18.1-18.3 pp 649-664.
- Week of 11/10: Probability. 13.1-13.6. pp 462-482. Bayesian learning. reading provided.
- Week of 11/17- Bayesian Networks. R & N 14.1-14.4. Utility theory and Decision Networks. 16.1-16.6.
- Week of 12/1: Neural Networks. R & N 20.5
- Week of 12/8: MDPs and Reinforcement Learning. R & N 17.1-17.3, 21.1-21.3
- Some notes on working with Jess.
- The Jess homepage
- The Jess
manual. Note that we'll just be using the Jess language itself,
not the Java extensions, so ignore all the stuff about Java.
functions These are the built-in functions that Jess has.
- The Jess
reference manual A description of the language features. Again,
skip over the Java stuff.
- The CLIPS User's guide. Jess
is a Java port of CLIPS. This document is a user's guide to clips,
with lots of examples. Almost all the language-relevant material in
this manual applies to Jess.