Hi all -
Here are some links on resources for making a good poster.
Some things to keep in mind:
- You want to have lots of visuals, color, etc. It should stand out
and catch people's eye.
- Have the title of the project and your name(s) at the top, so that
the reader knows who you are and what you're doing right away.
- Don't overload the poster with details - these will come out when
you're talking with people. Like your slides, the text on the poster should
hit the highlights of your research.
- Include pictures that will help you to explain to people what you're
doing. If your project has a significant GUI component, include a screenshot
of that. If your project can be depicted using a flowchart or sequence diagram,
- Layout is important - people will read your poster from top to
bottom, and from left to right. So, put important information at the top.
Also, use color, arrows, etc to guide the reader through your poster.