CS 677 is focused on building and leveraging distributed systems to analyze large datasets. The course will consist of large programming assignments and you will also be required to submit written reports on assigned readings from the literature.
Each assignment will include a detailed specification document with a description of the problem, breakdown of points, permitted libraries, etc. You are free to discuss the projects with your classmates, but sharing code or pseudocode is not acceptable. Please see the grading policy
Submitting Assignments: use the project links below to create a git repository for your work. To submit, check your code into your git repository before the deadline.
- Due dates are posted on the course schedule page. Assignments are due at 11:59pm on the due date.
- Late lab and research paper assignments are not accepted.
- Late projects are deducted 10% per day for a maximum of three days. Afterward, no credit will be given.
See the LaTeX Review Template for instructions.
- Lab 0 - Getting to Know You
- Lab 1 - Datasets – (see discussion board)
- Lab 2 - Netty Chat
- Lab 3 - Bloom Filters
- Project 1 - POSIX DFS With Probabilistic Routing