Monday, November 26, 2007I put up partial discussion notes from last week. We covered some topics beyond what is in the notes. Please make sure you can answer/understand the following:
- How do you transform problems into languages?
- What is a language? What is a string?
- What is/isn't countable?
- Are there languages beyond Turing recognizable languages? How do you know?
- What is the acceptance problem? The halting problem?
- How do you show that something is undecidable?
Friday, November 15, 2007Discussion notes from yesterday are now up! Reminder: I'll be having office hours on Tuesday again next week.
Sunday, November 11, 2007Homework 5 grades have been posted. You can see the homework statistics and grading notes here.
Friday, November 9, 2007Since homework 6 is due on Wednesday, I will be moving my office hours next week to Tuesday, 11/13 from 2:00pm - 5:00pm. I will not be holding office hours on Wednesday (11/14) or Thursday (11/15) that week.