There are likely a whole host
of bugs and issues with this software -- it should be considred "Beta" for the moment. Here are
the ones we know about:
Putting a semicolon in any of the input fields causes the application to die
- Fixed on 5/3/2011. Semicolons can no longer be entered. Thanks to Stefan German for fiding this one.
BST and AVL trees have broken undos in HTML5 version
Find and Delete broken in open hashing
- Fixed on 5/10/2011. (thanks to Eduardo Bonet, of Santa Catarina Federal University, Brazil, for finding this one!)
- All algorithms that compute an ordering (BST, AVL Trees, etc) don't sort floating point numbers correctly -- 9.2 > 10.3
- This one is a design decision -- since those algoritms can take any string, the decision was made to sort based on lexicographic order.
We tried to mitigate confusion somehwat by automatically converting positive integers into equivalent numbers with leading zeroes, so that positive
integers would always be ordered as expected (though negative numbers are alas off). It turns out that if you are trying to sort a group of any strings,
using a mixed comparison strategy gets confusing
fast -- how should 10.4 compare to 3.1.2? What about 3A -- is that a string or a hexidecimal number?
What about AF? Should BC come before or after AFF? We made the executive decision to just do string comparisons.
When running connected components, if you run the algorithm, then undo, then run it again, the application breaks. We're working on a fix --
the current workaroud is to create a new graph after undo before running the algorithm again.
Undoing deleting an element from a B-Tree or B+ tree broken
Radix sort broken on Safari browser
- Various typos
- Please continue to send in any typos you see, and I will correct them as I get to them (at a somewhat lower priority than functionaility
bugs, of course). Typo corrections will not appear on this page.
Find a bug? Have a feature or new algorithm to request? Send an email to galles <at> usfca <dot> edu