I am an Associate Professor of Computer Science at University of San Francisco. My research interests include Computer Security, Computer Networks, Computer Science Education. I received my Ph.D. from the Computer Science Department at UCLA, where I was a member of Laboratory for Advanced Systems Research. I received my MSc in Computer Science and BSc in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from UC Berkeley.
Prior to USF, I was an Assistant Professor at California State University, Northridge, and an Adjunct Lecturer at UCLA. In the past, I worked at Symantec, Inc. (on reputation-based security, which was later acquired by Broadcom Inc.), PostPath Inc., (which was later acquired by Cisco Systems, Inc.), and NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
I am the Director of Networks and Security Laboratory (Nets Lab) at University of San Francisco. I am the recipient of the Fulbright US Scholar Award and I am a Visiting Professor of Computer Science and Security at St. Pölten University of Applied Sciences in Austria in Spring 2022.
|02.27.2022||As the recipient of Fulbright US Scholar Award, I started my Visiting Professor of Computer Science and Security position at St. Pölten University of Applied Sciences in Austria.|
|12.10.2021||Our paper “Teaching Security Notions in Entry-Level Programming Courses” was accepted to IEEE TALE 2021.|
|12.05.2021||Our paper “Simulating Network Link Compression in Loss-less Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs) Environment” was accepted to IEEE IUCC 2021.|
|11.23.2021||Our paper “Appending Security Theories to Projects in Upper-Division CS Courses” was accepted to CSTY 2021.|
You can also find me on Github, Google Scholar, and LinkedIn.
- Alma (Arghavan) Abbasi, MS
- Stephanie Grasso, BS
- Jason Liang, BS
- Manali Patil, MS (Now Software Engineer at ZenOptics)
- Rozita Teymourzadeh, MS (Now Senior Software and Electronic Engineer at Azbil)
- Shuangjiao Hu, MS (Now Site Reliability Engineer at WePay)
- Linjing Shao, MS
- Juqiang Li, MS (Now Software Engineer at Apple)
- Paul Kirth, MS (Now PhD Candidate at University of California, Irvine)
- Sina Hesari, MS (Now Software Engineer at Rockwell Collins)
- Eric Vance, MS (Now Software Systems Engineer at NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Ilia Benson, MS (Now Software System Engineer III at NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory)
- Adam Clark, MS (Now Senior Software Engineer at Float.com)
- Aren Boghozian, BS (Now Software Engineer at Crane Aerospace & Electronics)
- Mahdi Rahimi, (Now PhD Student at University of Arizona)
- Behnam Pournasr, BS (Now DevOps Engineer at Farmers Insurance)
- Mario Garcia, BS
- Matin Fouladinejad, BS (Now Software Engineering Manager at Amazon Games)
- Dam Ju Kim, BS (Now Software Engineer at Google)
- David Meyer, BS (Now Senior Software Engineer Tech Lead at AppFolio)
- Robert Chang, BS (Now Product Manager at Google)