I am an Assistant Professor of Computer Science at University of San Francisco. My research interests include Computer Security, Computer Networks, Computer Science Education. I received my Ph.D. from the Computer Science Department at UCLA, where I was a member of Laboratory for Advanced Systems Research. I received my MSc in Computer Science and BSc in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from UC Berkeley.
Prior to USF, I was an Assistant Professor at California State University, Northridge, and an Adjunct Lecturer at UCLA. In the past, I worked at Symantec, Inc. (on reputation-based security, which was later acquired by Broadcom Inc.), PostPath Inc., (which was later acquired by Cisco Systems, Inc.), and NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
I am the Director of Networks and Security Laboratory (Nets Lab) at University of San Francisco. I am the recipient of the Fulbright US Scholar Award and will be a Visiting Professor at St. Pölten University of Applied Sciences in Austria in Spring 2021.
Our paper “Entailing Security Mindset in Foundational CS Courses: An Interactive Approach” was accepted to CCSC MW 2020.
Our paper “Promoting Diversity-Inclusive Computer Science Pedagogies: A Multidimensional Perspective” was accepted to ITICSE 2020.
I received the Fulbright US Scholar Award for 2020/21.
- Manali Patil, MS
- Stephanie Grasso, BS
- Jason Liang, BS
- Linjing Shao, MS
- Shuangjiao Hu, MS
- Rozita Teymourzadeh, MS
- Razan Said, BS
- Daniel Barajas, BS
- Juqiang Li, MS (Now Software Engineer at Apple)
- Paul Kirth, MS (Now PhD Candidate at University of California, Irvine)
- Sina Hesari, MS (Now Software Engineer at Rockwell Collins)
- Eric Vance, MS (Now Software Systems Engineer at NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Ilia Benson, MS (Now Software System Engineer III at NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory)
- Adam Clark, MS (Now Senior Software Engineer at Float.com)
- Aren Boghozian, BS (Now Software Engineer at Crane Aerospace & Electronics)
- Mahdi Rahimi, (Now PhD Student at University of Arizona)
- Mario Garcia, BS
- Matin Fouladinejad, BS
- Dam Ju Kim, BS
- David Meyer, BS (Now Senior Software Engineer Tech Lead at AppFolio)
- Robert Chang, BS (Now Product Manager at Google)